Click HERE for official information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Baptism!

How are you all doing.

This week was a fairly busy week, but at the same time I can't really remember what it was that we did.  We have been working on getting [investigator] ready for his baptism and getting the baptismal service all lined up.  He seems like he is excited and ready to go for his baptism.

So, there was something funny that I found out this week.  While we were getting ready for the baptismal service I asked [my companion] who it was that played the piano every week for church, because I always saw one member behind the piano.  But then he said that nobody plays the piano, it just plays itself.  Which surprised me, I couldn't believe that nobody played the piano for church.  I think I told you before that we have a piano at our apartment, so I have been practicing it in the morning, and I've gotten to where I have a list of about 8-10 hymns that I can play.  So I'm going to play for the baptism.  And we'll see how it goes for church, pres. Atkins knows that I play the piano, but I don't know if he wants me to play for sacrament meeting or not.

This last week we had a training, which was really good, and I learned a lot of things that I have been able to apply.

I think I told you last week that I was thinking of getting some raquetball raquets to play raquetball.  We found some raquets that didn't cost too much, and we played raquetball last week for preparation day.  It was a lot of fun, it is nice to be able to get out of the apartment on preparation day.

We began teaching a boy this week.  His grandma is a member, and he lives at his dads house most of the time, except every other weekend he stays at his grandma's house.  His grandma has always brought him to church.  however it might be difficult getting and keeping the support of the dad.  We talked to the dad yesterday, and he gave us permission to teach/baptize [his son].  But I don't think there was much support behind it.  The grandma however is there to support him as much as she can, but she can only have contact with him every other weekend.

This weekend is transfers, but [my companion] is staying and I am staying also.

No comments:

Post a Comment