Click HERE for official information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Things seem to be going good. They have changed the e-mail system at the MTC and for some reason the enter and shift keys don't work so the e-mails that we get from Jeff have no capitalization and no paragraphs. I went through and added some capitalization and paragraphs but if you noticed some missing, that's why.

Two weeks ago Jeff sent home four short sleeve white shirts that were too long for him. We had bought "talls" but the tails went down to his knees. They were really long. He had already written his initials in the tags so we didn't thing that Mr Mac would take them back. We tried anyway and not only did they exchange them, but they delivered them to the MTC as well. I was impressed.

Here are some notes from Elder Compton.

This week has been good for me. I've been trying to speak in only Spanish except during comp. study and other places where it's more important to speak English than to learn Spanish. It's gone pretty well, although I haven't been able to talk quite as much as I'd like to have in Spanish. I ended up speaking enlish whenever i didn't know how to say something, but even still i was able to talk most of the day in Spanish. It was kinda weird though at night when i was sick of speaking Spanish I decided that I would just speak English for the rest of the night. So I told my comp this but the next sentence out of my mouth was Spanish...kinda crazy.

On Saturday we went to the RC and me and elder Taylor decided to try making Spanish calls. We used a y jack so that we could both listen and one of us could talk so that we could try and understand the person who was talking to us better. I'm not quite sure if we were supposed to be making Spanish calls, because the rest of our class was doing English, but it was fun anyway. we only got to talk to about four people (each of us took two calls), and the first person I talked to I was actually able to tell him a little bit about our religion (that we believe in christ, and introduced the BoM), and then got him to agree to take the missionaries. About half way through the call elder Taylor gave out teacher the headset so he could listen and help, although several times when i looked at him for help with what they said he didn't help too much but instead let me give it a try on my own at first.

So Mon, and Tues the oldest district left and so now we are the oldest district...kinda crazy. me and elder taylor got to wake up at 4 am tues morning to sign their papers so they could leave.

The [picture] with light coming out from my hand was the lead to a scripture marking pen that we held close to the camera...we had a few extra minutes on pday a couple weeks ago.

So I had origionally thought that i would be leaving on the 15th of march but it's really the 22nd of march as far as Iknow anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment