How has your week gone?
What is the weather like?
- Different every day. it's starting to cool off, so some days it will get down into the 40/50's. but other days it will be up in the 70's. We've had a little bit of rain recently, but not too much.
So you said you are in a threesome how long will you be in a threesome?
- That's still kind of up in the air for right now. It looks like one of the members in the ward is going to do a "mini mission", so he will be companions with the other English missionary for the next three weeks. He has to be interviewed by the bishop, stake pres., and pres. Cotterall. He's had all of the interviews so far, and he will be interviewed by pres. Coterrall this afternoon, so within a couple days we could be back into our normal companionships. I will be excited for that, it has been kind of stressful, because right now while I'm training, I want to teach elder Warner how to be a good missionary, and I've been avoiding teaching him any bad habits, but that's been a little difficult with an extra missionary in the companionship.
Do you think you will be transferred before Christmas?
- Probably not, because since I'm training right now, they have it set up so that you are with your trainee for at least 12 weeks, so unless something crazy happens, Elder Warner will be my last companion.
Is the work harder during the holiday season or are people more receptive to your message?
- It depends. I guess it really just depends on how you work. I think the holidays could provide some really good opportunities to find people if we take advantage of it. the ward will have a Christmas party, so that will be a good way of finding people, and in the winter time, there are more people that aren't working, because the construction jobs aren't as available, so they often times have more time.
- This last week has been a whirlwind, we have had a ton of appointments, since we combined the two areas we've had almost more than we can handle. But it's been good, it is a lot more enjoyable being busy than struggling to find people to teach.
We've started teaching a guy. I think I may have mentioned him in my last letter, but he was a guy that me and elder Warner contacted, and he was weighed down with all the mistakes that he had made in his life, and was ready to try whatever it would take to get his life back in order. so we started to teach him. He's read part of the Book of Mormon, and he knows that it's true. He wan'ts to get baptized, and we set the date for the 10th of Dec., but he wanted to move it forward a little bit. however I don't think we'll be able to move it much more forward, because I think it will take at least that amount of time to get him ready, probably a little more time.